Pregnancy Concerns is a service of the Community Pregnancy Concerns Society, and has been serving Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody since 1979.
Encouraging life giving choices through community education and support
Our Commitment of Care and Competence:
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but we are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communications accurately describe the services we offer.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
- All of our staff and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.
- We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, bylaws, and stated purpose and mission.
- We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports.
- Our services are not intended to be a substitute for professional counselling, medical care, or prenatal care.
Pregnancy Concerns is an affiliated centre of the Canadian Association of Pregnancy Support Services (CAPSS).
Pregnancy Concerns is a faith-based charity, seeking to meet people where they are in their lives without judgment as Jesus Christ did; offering care, information and support to those facing an unplanned pregnancy, hurting from abortion, or seeking sexual integrity.